Thursday, October 13, 2005

 

Unshiny job!

I'm afraid the gloss is rapidly wearing off my shiny new students. I'm still enjoying it, but it becomes difficult to maintain my cool when I have students such as young Ali... who informed me in no uncertain manner yesterday "I shouldn't take orders from you, you're a woman". Don't be shy, lad, tell us what you really think! Well, bless him, he's probably only voicing what the rest of the predominantly Islamic, all male students in that class believe! I can't expect my boss to support me against this kind of harassment, either, seeing as he's a total maniac and has already given me shit (albeit through another colleague) for being 'impatient' with the students. My boss refused to give me all the hours I wanted 'because you're a woman' he explained, and also calls all females 'Darling'. My days here are numbered, methinks!

Comments:
Vanesita, sure it's not a case of testosterone and boy bravado testing his mettle against authority not anything religious?
 
Yep. I'm sure!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?