Friday, July 15, 2005

 

Evolution

It's Friday, and I'm totally and utterly exhausted. This morning when I woke up my eyes made that painful sound (do you know what I mean by this?) in my ears, that they tend to make when they don't want to open. It's not surprising though, seeing as in the past couple weeks I have doubled my teaching hours, been considerably diverted on the way to work (due to the ongoing suspension of the Circle line), almost entirely cut out caffine, and worked out at the gym four times a week (an hour each time). I feel good though, I feel much more in control of my life. And I'm on a magazine diet for the first time ever in my life... well, I don't like to think of it so much as a diet, but rather as the way I should mostly eat for the remainder of my existence. When I saw the diet, I realised that it was only a hop skip and a jump from what I was already doing (fruit for breakfast, lots of veggies, reduced portions, and less dairy and meat), but with added sensible suggestions (avoid things made from white flour, creamy dressings, sugar, etc.). It's so nice to have the opportunity, finally, to evolve into the more the person I want to be without excuses/circumstances holding me back. I can't complain of the lack of gym facilities I faced in Japan, or the Glavis's gorgeous cooked lunches that I embraced in Peru! Life is short, I want to eat well, work hard, play plenty, and sleep soundly... zzz.

Comments:
Sounds like a healthy way to live.
 
HOW BORING! STILL, IT'S BETTER THAN MY DIET; ALL FOOD UPSETS ME THESE DAYS.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?