Thursday, July 28, 2005

 

All The World Is A Stage

As I read Joyful Ranconteur's last entry, regarding her inability to effectively, yet casually, and entirely unofficially, blog, I realised my own blogging dilemma remains unresolved. The problem is my life is no longer entertaining in, and of, itself. Thus, I need to be interesting in, and of, myself. I need to be lucid, topical, creative, insightful, jovial, and bang up-to-date. Or at least one of the above. Unfortunately, these days I am just been desperately trying to make sense of this thing they call London... and get my head round 'settling down' here. It's an endlessly fascinating situation for me, I just need to translate that, without being a bore, into blogging. I try - but the blogger's quandries remain. Should I bitch/complain/rant about people/things/places? How much of my personal life should I reveal? Am I actually trying to reveal myself, or a fabricated image of myself? Who the hell am I anyway? Come to think of it - these questions don't belong solely to the blogging arena, but to life in general, just that the blog is a new medium, with a new audience - hmm. Hey - do you reckon the people on Big Brother ask themselves these questions? Ha!

Comments:
If your brain works like mine, thoughts and interests show up as you write. Sort of the throw things at the wall and see what sticks method. Crude but effective to start, Whaddya think? see? feel? perceive? receive?
 
WE SEEM TO SHARE A 'PROBLEM', WE THINK TOO MUCH. I AM CONVINCED THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION GO THROUGH LIFE IN 'CRUISE MODE', NEVER REALLY USING THEIR BRAIN TO THINK WITH, IF INDEED THEY ARE CAPABLE OF SUCH A PROCESS. IT CAN BE A COURSE AT TIMES (THINKING THAT IS!)
 
(I DO OF COURSE MEAN 'CURSE'.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?