Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

I LOVE LONDON

I just love London. Of course, I don't mean the touristy stuff, though that's absolutely great too. What I love is the ease of getting around, and the green leafy roads, and the crowded markets, and the constant multicultural atmosphere, and the funky/cozy pubs... I like the convienience and pleasant routine of daily life. Things like wandering to the shops, drinking Pimms in Katie and Al's garden, cooking various ethnic foods I've been craving for years, or looking out the window of the college at all the bustling people in Notting Hill. Even mundane things like hurrying around tube stations, making appointments, putting the kettle on, doing my washing, planning my finances, and running for a bus each hold a special charm for me. These are all things that I couldn't do in Peru. I suppose this rose-tinted view might wear off over time - I admit I was non too pleased to find the trains to Crystal Palace not running over the weekend, especially as I wended my weary way home on a beautiful Friday evening... And apart from 'transport rage' Londoners could be said to suffer with the weather, crowds, pollution and high prices... ya, ya, ya. That stuff is a pain, but Londoners are more than a little spoiled, aren't they? This is one of the best cities in the world. You can see, do, eat and be what you want. The opportunities are endless. I feel so appreciative of everything here, and I want everyone else to know how lucky they are to live in London, indeed in the United Kingdom.

Comments:
I LOVE London too, and that's that !
 
I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET ALONG WITH 'BIG CITIES' IN GENERAL, I GUESS THAT I AM NOT THE GREGARIOUS SORT; THOSE THAT LIKE THEM ARE WELCOME TO THEM.
APART FROM THAT, I AM PLEASED TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE SETTLING IN OK.
 
i'm a londoner though live in portugal,so i see where you are coming from,when i went back for a holiday,wow did i feel like a country bumpkin in the city,it was busy,so many cultures,the shops open like 24hrs a day here they still close for siesta and you are lucky if they even open on time!!buses,don't even get me started at the "service"if you can call it that here!it was a bit mind blowing as been out of the rat race so long,but i still love london town,
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?