Monday, May 23, 2005
Top 10 Things I Miss About Peru (in no particular order)
2. Sun every single day without fail
3. Buying fresh crabs, 4 for 50 pence, from the men who go out fishing on caballitos (reed crafts used since Inca times) and making chankarito - crush the crabs... add limon and chilli pepper... oye, que rico!
4. Tito's beloved Celica
5. Drinking outside Cecelia's corner shop on any random weeknight until 7am (not sure if I do actually miss this one...)
6. Glavis's cooking, especially the massive vegetable soups and coconut jam
7. Salsa music everywhere
8. The beaches, Pimentel (Las Rocas) and Puerto Eten especially
9. A rather filling cebichito with a tortita de choclo (a fried corn fritter) for one sol - about 14 pence!
10. Modelo market for wonderful fresh fruit and cheap silver jewellery
I'd like to make a link exchange in the like area of your blog's side bar. Please if interested, add a link to perucel (you can use the words "peruvian cellphones" for the link) and i'll add a link to your blog in mine one.