Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Hasta Manana

Thanks for your advice... it was much appreciated, as comments always are. (More, please!). I think though, for the time being, I am just going to carry on writing here, as if I were normal. I sure don't feel normal, having gotten married, gone on honeymoon, left my bizarre life and much loved in-laws in Peru, abandoned my dog, killed my monkey, moved to London, gotten a flat, received many smashing consumer durables from Katie and Al, started a job, and all sort of fabulous Japanese cooking ingredients (from the Japan Centre, Piccadilly, on Saturday!), all in the past two months. I feel very strange indeed, even though I am essentially loving it here, I feel like I'm just not 'with it'. Y'getme? I hate all my unfashionable clothes and just can't quite figure out the trains, I am sooo broke, and sometimes I basically feel like I'm on another planet right here in London. I can, however, make time for my blog this week... it's exam time at the college, and so no classes. Argh! That means no money... but I've just been approved for an 'eggcard' and thus feel flush. Lots of distracting Katie, seriously sorting out my filofax, cooking tasty Japanese meals for hardworking hubby, and most importantly, lots of BLOG in store for next week! Until tomorrow...

Comments:
I have read ALL your blog tonight. I am peruvian and my bf is european (like you) and through your blog I could see/feel what he felt when he was spending a short period of time with me in Peru (Lima).
I loved reading your blog and I loved the way you described the things (it amused me also when I am in the middle of a writting-exam-in-norwegian crisis). It has been so nice to find it.
 
YOU SEEM TO BE GETTING SORTED OUT IN FINE STYLE, GOOD LUCK.
(WATCH OUT YOU DON'T GET SCRAMBLED WITH THE EGG CARD.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?