Thursday, April 21, 2005

 

L0NDON, BABY, YEAH

We're finally here, staying at Katie and Al's gorgeous flat in Crystal Palace. Had a nice, relaxing day yesterday, and Tito's first ever roast dinner - complete with Yorkshire Puds! It's a bit hair raising to know that we've now got find satisfying jobs and a suitable flat, but we've lots of lovely friends to help us. We just cannot wait to catch up with everyone. Tito's really impressed with what he's seen of London so far, which isn't much - only the route from Heathrow to Crystal Palace ("It's so big, I'm scared!" said he, bless 'im), and a walk round the neighbourhood here (inc. the 'prehistoric monsters' display and v.nice CP park gym) yesterday. He was less impressed with the admittance procedures at Heathrow ("Get in there for an abdominal x-ray. mate."), but we're not bitter. It's a super time of year to return to the U.K. The sun is shining and the birds are chirping, and I do believe language schools might be hiring right about now. I'm thinking reflectively and nostalgically about our time in Peru, but need to update my C.V. before I start waxing lyrical. Tito's experiences as a new immigrant should also prove interesting, especially at time like this when immigration is on everybody's mind. I have absolutely no idea who I would vote for, by the way, so perhaps it's best that I don't have a polling card. Anyhooo, our new life awaits, baby!

Comments:
WELCOME TO THE UK, I HOPE TITO IS READY FOR THE CULTURE SHOCK (ARE YOU, AFTER OVER A YEAR'S BREAK?)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?