Tuesday, October 26, 2004

 

My Birthday - Parts 1 and 2

It's Tuesday. I think I still have a hangover from Saturday night. Is that bad? I did what all the songs suggest, and partied like it was birthday (even though it isn't 'til Wednesday). Because I could, alright? Last year, I recall, I went to my deadly CELTA course all day, taught, bought myself a solitary chocolate bar to celebrate, then travelled home (three hours on bus/train) thinking someone would surely buy me a pizza. No-one did. I ate dinner my mummy cooked for me and sobbed into the phone (to a certain someone in Nippon) and finally went to bed, shivering and alone.
(CUE VIOLINS)
That's why my birthday this year is going to be so bloody good. Part 1, on the said Saturday night, involved imbibing plenty of thrist-quenching Cuba Libres, going to Samba nightclub, enjoying lashings of Pina Coladas, and dancing my pants off until about seven am. Monika and Neil, fellow teachers at ICPNA, both missed their Sunday morning classes completely, which I think is a fitting testiment to the excellence of the evening's festivities.
Part 2 involved waking up sometime on Sunday to a lovely, massive arrangement of flowers from Tito's parents, a gorgeous cake and about 10 pounds of pork to be cooked. We went out for lunch with some friends, came back, slept more, then prepared dinner(the largest I'd ever made). Tito's mum Glavis had very kindly seen to the pork, I just had to prepare the mountain of garbanzos. I did, then 17 people came over and we fed them. They left, we went to bed. It was wonderful.
Stayed tuned for further episodes of the never-ending birthday!

Comments:
Happy birthday!

Vanessa @ sarsparilla
 
OK, that's enough having fun. Get posting some blog entries lady.
 
Oh geez I remember your birthday last year. That CELTA course was a whole lot of fun huh?
My favourite bit was when Celia cried at me for about an hour coz she failed one of her essays. She passed it on re-submission tho. I wonder what Ruperts doing now. Probably having dinner with the queen.
Glad this year was better buddy.
Lots of love,
Benzaemon
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?